Thursday, July 3, 2008

Drink & Drive

No, no, no! I'm never one to recommend drinking alcohol and then driving (though i've been guilty of it many a time). I must admit when it comes to single malt whisky, my knees go weak at the mere mention of the various labels out there. My biggest folly though, must be playing the game of cricket - where i picked up all the "bad" habits - so says the only one person who never fails to trap me LBW everytime i try and go for an audacious "lofted drive"(the wife la!!!) - if you get my drift.

Which brings me back to Drink & Drive. You probably can tell by now that it's the enjoyment of the finer spirits and the love for the game of cricket that led to this blog creation. I wouldn't dare pick one ahead of the other - both joint No.2 in my life (wife and daughter currently occupy the top spot and they'll stay there as long as i keep getting my fix of liquor and cricket on a regular basis).

Though one wise guy thinks Drink & Drive's got a hidden meaning as D&D (hence double D) . While such an image does skew my thoughts and attention, it'll never replace my thirst for the "water of life" and my hunger of scoring a century and taking 5 wickets in a game.

Therefore, as this site grows in content, expect to see lots of attempts from yours truly to decipher the wonders of single malt whisky and analyze why the cricket team (Oceans XI - I know, i know - no originality!!!) I play for, has yet to reach the promised land of the Penang Cricket Club League Champions.

Happy dramming and enjoy driving!

No comments: